Running for the presidency isn't easy! In Win the White House, manage your very own presidential campaign by debating your opponents, strategically raising funds, polling voters, launching media campaigns, and making personal appearances. Keep a close eye on the map as you battle for electoral votes.
Played 3.5 million+ times on iCivics.org, this NEW and IMPROVED version of Win the White House includes all new ways to put your stamp on your campaign:
– More avatars
– New campaign slogans
– Running mate options
-Maverick Option for creating your platform
– Refreshed content, art and game play
– Option to print your personalised campaign materials
Sign up for an iCivics account to earn Impact Points and game-based achievements!
Teachers: Check out our classroom resources for Win the White House. Just visit www.icivics.org!
Learning Objectives: Your students will …
-Explain the electoral process (primary and general elections, Electoral College)
-Identify the influence of the media in forming public opinion
-Analyze how parts of a whole interact to produce outcomes in complex systems
1. Create a candidate. Pick an avatar, home state, political party, and campaign slogan.
2. Choose the issues that matter to you. Battle it out with other presidential hopefuls in a primary debate by choosing the best arguments for the issues you care about.
3. Win the primaries. The primary season doubles as the game tutorial in Win the White House. Gain campaign skills by spending time and resources in Iowa and New Hampshire.
4. Win the election. As the party candidate, you must work to gain and keep momentum through targeted media campaigns and personal appearances. Running for office isn't cheap, so you'll need to find funding in friendly states. Your ability to poll will also keep you in the know and help guide you to a presidential victory!